Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Jews demanded the release of Barabbas, and that Jesus be crucified. They would rather have a murderer among them than the Author of the universe, the One who had the power to save them and who loved them. How many times do I choose that which is lesser over the One who is greatest? How often do I choose death over life?

Jesus' blood cleanses me from all my sin. I do not deserve it, yet I act as though I do. When I ask for forgiveness do I recognize that God grants it because He loves me, and not for anything I've done to deserve it? Am I thankful and humble that He is willing to pardon my impurities? How often am I like the pardoned servant, who refused to forgive His fellow servant, but instead focus on the impurities of others?

No comments:

Post a Comment