Sunday, December 23, 2007

I imagine there were three reactions to God parting the Red Sea. Each reaction says a lot about the relationship that person has with God.

the first reaction is of thankfulness and joy. Those people saw the waters parted, recognized God was providing and quickly ran through and accepted God's gift. Those people understood the power of God and had no doubt.

The second reaction is one of stunned awe. They stopped and marveled at what had happened, but they were so surprised that they didn't think to start running. Those people did not recognize that God's power was limitless. They were so busy trying to understand God's gift, they did not accept it.

The third reaction is one of fear and disbelief. Not reverent fear, but distrustful fear. They timidly approached the water and walked through, but constant eyed it with suspicion, waiting for it to come down over them. These people doubt the power of God and His love for them. They are always looking for a catch in God's love and because of that, they can never fully receive it.

How do I react to the work God does for me today? Do I doubt Him? Do I question His power? Or do I fully accept it with humility and thanksgiving? I need to make more of an effort to recognize that not only is God all-powerful, He loves me unconditionally and would never do anything to me outside of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment